Thursday 24 March 2016

Hinkley debate descends into Alice's Wonderland

From yesterday's Energy Select Committee inquiry into  Hinkley Point and nuclear power:

Asked by Conservative MP James Heappey why it was “reasonable for us to assume it but not reasonable for you to just say it”, EDF chief executive M Vincent de Rivaz responded: “I am very pleased to give you the privilege to make the assumption and to draw the right conclusion as you have done.”
 


From Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...

“Speak in French when you can’t think of the English for a thing--turn your toes out when you walk---And remember who you are!”  

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.”
 
“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”  
 
“Have I gone mad?
"I'm afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”  
The Mad Hatter


“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”  


“Curiouser and curiouser!” 
said Alice     

No comments:

Post a Comment